Firestop Products Tool Kit Selector – How to select the right product for your application.
Is your firestop installation fit for purpose?
Choosing the right firestop products for your passive fire protection installation can be tricky. Getting it wrong can result in stressful investigations, personal legal repercussions. Universal, off the shelf products, whose labels offer ‘Up to x hours’ universal fire resistance to all your fire stopping problems are often misleading and don’t actually highlight the limited circumstances in which the declared fire resistance can be achieved. Therefore, for reliable firestop resistance applications you must choose the right products that are fit for purpose.
The selection of the fit for purpose products responsibility does not only lying with the specialist applicator. Principal Contractors, Architects, building owners and building management also need to be aware of the fire safety regulations and to ensure that their passive firestop installations is compliant.
Firestop Products Tool Kit Selector
Here is a few important point to help you carry out your due diligence for installing the correct system. Get the right firestop solution tailored for your requirements by answering a list of essential questions.
Answering the questions will help you to make a product selection based on Polyseam’s diagnostic firestop toolkit. Our tool kit includes:
- Installation instructions showing in detail tested solutions with fire rating, maximum dimensions and various service types and sizes.
- Protecta PFP Handbook containing detail architectural drawings.
- Protecta Smartphone App – a trusted help in hand when used on site for verification of compliant installation. This is regularly updated to include data from most recent fire tests.
- Installation guidance videos.
- Outside the scope of testing, call our technical help line.
Passive Fire Protection Products and Firestop Systems
Protecta® is a leading brand for developing, testing and supply some of the most effective passive firestop systems in the world. All manufactured right here in the UK by its parent company Polyseam, who have been independently manufacturing 1st class brands for many of the world’s leading suppliers of fire protection and construction products since 1993. Our comprehensive manufacturing experience, proficiencies, research and development and test programmes are supported by our quality management systems ISO 9001 and ISO 14001.
At our very own custom built fire research facility in Norway, Polyseam’s team of specialists put all products through the toughest tests to ensure we only offer the highest quality products. Protecta products are then further analysed through an on-going development and test programme in co-operation with major laboratories including UL, EXOVA, SP and BRE. Polyseam is also a full member of the ASFP.
Protecta Passive Fire Protection Free Webinar
We’re running an exclusive LIVE session with our passive fire protection expert Duncan Alabaster.
Register to watch the webinar now in which we will explore:
- Differences between BS476 Part 20 and BS:EN testing standards.
- CE marking of firestop products and the added level of attestation and reassurance that this gives to users.
- Key factors to examine in assessing existing and new fire seals.
- The Protecta tools you can use to come to an informed decision on what system to use.
Click The Link Below To Claim Your Spot:
To find out more about our company:
or call +44(0)207 947 4123