High-quality, practical solutions with design diversity and guaranteed system safety from wedi
wedi has been operating with success for nearly 20 years in the United Kingdom. However, in the past few years many competitors have appeared on the UK market – prompting customers to rightfully ask the question:
Why choose wedi when there are numerous other waterproof and tileable solutions to choose from?
Unlike the other brands, wedi has been around for 34 years. The company was founded in Germany in 1983, when Helmut Wedi – a master tiler – set himself a goal to develop high-quality but above all practical solutions for tradesmen which provide real added value in their day-to-day work. His goal became the philosophy of his company and made his family name into a worldwide-known brand. Today, wedi operates in 36 countries worldwide, including the United States, which despite having one of the most diverse markets in the world, has just given a home to wedi’s newest manufacturing plant to be able to cope with the demand.
The system safety that wedi guarantees as well as the straightforward and time-saving installation takes centre stage, while the feedback received from their customers provide the basis for further developments of wedi’s products, systems and services.
The core of wedi’s building board – which forms the basis of all of their tileable elements – is a high-density extruded polystyrene foam that is 100% waterproof to the core and extremely lightweight. Its cement coated surface forms an incredibly strong and stable base for adhesive thanks to the integrated fibre mesh fabric, making it perfect for tiling.
Whatever your project is – renovation or new build, wooden or concrete, wetroom, bathroom or wellness you will find a variety of suitable elements in wedi’s extensive product range.
- Their BUILDING BOARDS are available as standard, shapeable or vapour proof and besides cladding, can also be used to construct tileable washstands for example.
- A vast array of FUNDO shower tray elements are available with point or linear design and also with integrated drainage.
- A recent innovation from wedi is the new FUNDO TOP range, a seamless alternative to traditional tiling available in four colours, complementing their shower elements.
- Practical design elements, such as NICHES, MENSOLO tileable shelving/pipe cladding or SANOASA shower seats in 5 different formats can also be found amongst their standard products.
- The standard wedi product range also spans into wellness products, which can also be used in shower/bathroom areas. The MOLTOROMO modular system gives the freedom to create free-standing curvature walls to add that design led effect to any area, while the SANBATH bathroom furniture range with its elegant shapes continue complementing the wedi SANOASA BELLINA & COMODA modular benches and versatile wedi LOUNGERS which are available with or without integrated heating.
wedi also offer customised building solutions for wellness projects as well as a bespoke service to create elements based on individual specifications such as special shower elements, footbaths, fountains, steam cabins or whirlpools to mention only a few.
Furthermore, these products also provide fantastic insulation, therefore save on energy costs and provide long-term protection against mould and fungus. What’s more, due to their A+ labelling – according to German and European regulations and laws – they are also non-hazardous and low-emission products.
- all elements are designed to interlock and work with all other wedi system components and accessories, that truly complete the installation and waterproofing system, thus guaranteeing system safety
- the quality is consistent across the whole product range, hence each and every one of their products comes with a 10 year product quality guarantee
- wedi also offer numerous modular solutions and diverse systems which allow extensive freedom of design
- all customised building solutions wedi offer through their bespoke service, are pre-assembled and tested in their factory before dispatch ensuring easy and safe installation on site
- products are extremely lightweight and straightforward to install avoiding exhausting lifting, saving time, stress and money
- on-call technical support Monday to Friday and on-site support for projects where needed