Safer Heating For SEN School
Safe surface temperature specialists, Contour, completed a project with Walton Hall Academy to provide LST safety radiator guards to the school that will protect students from burns and reduce the risk of injuries around their radiators.
Walton Hall is a special educational needs school in Staffordshire. Their previous radiator covers needed to be replaced to allow staff easier access for cleaning and maintenance as students were often pushing small items through the grilles.
With close consultation to their needs, Contour provided 19 DeepClean LST radiator covers with radius edges and bullnose corners, which eliminated the risk of children injuring themselves on sharp edges. The DeepClean design also features pencil proof grilles, which addressed another one of the schools problems.
Contour prioritise manufacturing specialist LST radiator covers that are tailored to each individual setting. The DeepClean covers for Walton Hall are designed to fit into classroom alcoves to save space for learning activities and overcome issues noted during surveying.
The radiator covers are reinforced with strengthening struts to add strength to the top of the casings and improve overall durability. This will be particularly beneficial should children attempt to sit on the radiators. Walton Hall’s bespoke project is the first radiator cover manufacture in which Contour have integrated strengthening struts in the top of the casings.
“Our client’s old, damaged radiator covers needed to be replaced with casings that allow easy access for maintenance and cleaning, due to children inserting small items through the grilles.
Contour provided onsite meetings to ensure that they knew exactly what we needed to achieve. Following Contour’s return to take final measurements, it was only 2 weeks before our radiator covers were ready for instalment.
On behalf of Walton Hall, HPI are delighted with Contour’s radiator guards – both the products and the service. The radiator covers are strong and allow caretakers full access to the inside of the casings for routine maintenance. The casings provide safe heating for the children without any sharp edges that could cause injury.
We can’t rate Contour highly enough and would recommend their bespoke radiator covers to all SEN schools.”
Steve Kirbyshire, Director of Small Works and Refurbishment – HPI
Why Specify DeepClean LST Radiators And Radiator Covers?
- DeepClean LST radiators and radiator covers are designed with a full length drop-down front access door. This allows fast and easy access to the heat emitter inside for regular cleaning and maintenance.
- DeepClean radiators and radiator guards are coated with BioCote® anti-microbial coating. The patented coating technology provides effective, permanent protection to surfaces against the growth of harmful microbes. A regular testing regime shows that BioCote kills up to 99.96% of pathogens including MRSA, E. coli and Salmonella within two hours of contact.
- DeepClean LST radiator covers feature rounded edges and bull-nose corners, minimising the risk of injury.
- DeepClean casings are finished with a tough, easy-clean, white PPC paint. However, Contour are able to provide guards finished in any RAL or BS colour, subject to minimum order.
- The DeepClean range is supported by a comprehensive package, comprising of free site consultations, a bespoke design facility, short delivery lead times and an approved installation service.
- DeepClean grilles provide maximum heating efficiency.
Contour Heating Products Ltd